Day W of the 2013 Blogging from A to Z April challenge. Today’s topic: writing resources.
- Duotrope: subscription-based listing of 4000+ places to submit short stories and poems; gives stats on each publication such as time until response, pay rate, acceptance rate, etc. Definitely worth the price.
General Writing Tips
- Daily Writing Tips: exactly what it says; a mini lesson on grammar, vocab, punctuation, style, voice, etc, delivered to your inbox six days a week.
- BubbleCow: tutorials and advice on self-publishing and marketing
- Anne R. Allen’s Blog – writing industry analysis from author Anne R Allen
- Wordplay: Helping Writers Become Authors -writing advice from author KM Weiland
- The Bookshelf Muse – insights into physical characteristics and emotions to enhance your characters
- Scribophile: karma-based critique site where points earned by critting others are spent on posting your own work for crits. Plus a vibrant community of forums and focused writing groups.
If you’re a writer, what resources do you find helpful?