Lisa the Word Nerd has tagged me to answer eleven random questions. Here goes.
1. What are your 5 favorite movies?
Fortunately for me this came up yesterday, so it’s fresh on my mind: Wristcutters: A Love Story, Ever After, Me Without You, Shrek 2, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. An eclectic mix, to be sure.
2.Would you rather go without makeup for a year, or without shaving your legs for a year?
Probably shaving my legs. I love my eyeliner, and I can always wear pants.
3. What book have you read recently that you really love?
I’ve been reading pretty steadily all year, but nothing has stuck out as something I love. If you have a suggestion, I’d love to hear it.
4. What book have you read recently that you really hated?
50 Shades of Grey. Clichéd writing, unbelievable characters, and not at all risque, as I’d been led to believe. I can completely see the Twilight fan fiction origin. And I wanted to violently punch some sense and experience into Anastasia.
5. If you had to eat one food for one meal every day for a year, which would you choose?
Fried rice. Or possibly steamed zucchini.
6. What was the best part of your senior year of high school?
Graduating? High school was not a highlight of my life, and I was very eager to be done with it and out of there – only to return later as a high school teacher (twice). Go figure.
7. What piece of electronic equipment do you think you could easily live without?
A television. I don’t currently have one, and while I have Netflix, I mostly just have it so my kid can watch videos.
8. Do you prefer your beverages through a straw, from a bottle or from another container?
Depends on the beverage. Beer is better from the bottle or on tap. Soda, water, tea – bottle or straw or cup is fine.
9. Would you rather have glow-in-the-dark skin or squishy teeth?
Glow-in-the-dark skin, of course.
10. Who would win in a fight between Gandalf and Dumbledore?
Gandalf, easily. Dumbledore strikes me as a kind, slightly-feeble old man waiting to die, whereas Gandalf is the type to get drunk in a pub and want to go wrestle basilisks.
11. Do you consider pushup bras to be a form of dishonesty?
No, I consider them a necessity.
I’m going to cheat and not tag anyone, but if you’d like to answer the questions in the comments please feel free!