It’s a new year, and a new chance to pledge to do a lot of stuff, that ain’t gonna happen.
So wherever you come down on this whole “New Year’s Resolutions” thing, I encourage you to embrace your own desire to be the best person you can be, whatever that means for you. Express it however you want, with goals or a single word or a rejection of the New Year’s traditional altogether. Just be you.
In addition to her “best the best person you can be” goal, here are my resolutions:
- Get an agent (which means stop picking at my novel and just send it out already).
- Finish my already-started novel, A Handful of Wishes.
- Have at least fifteen stories out on submission at any given time – currently I’m at nine.
- Get in shape, and then stay in shape.
- Learn how to neatly and nicely-looking lattice a pie.
- Date a rockstar (doesn’t matter who).
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you make them? Do you follow them?