The weather is warm-ish. The semester is almost over. I’m itching to travel.
I love to travel. I especially love road trips along two-lane highways (I dislike interstates).
Coming up in the next month, I have a camping trip in Wisconsin and a long weekend in Montreal (flying, not road tripping). And on the wishlist for the summer/fall:
- Thunder Bay, Ontario, and this time I will find a kayak rental place
- My annual trip to Washington Island, Wisconsin, or maybe Duluth, Minnesota, or Copper Harbor, Michigan
- Channahon, Illinois (because Staples’ website thinks I live there) for a weekend of camping
- The Southeast: the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, Atlanta, Charleston, a North Carolina beach or two, and my old haunts in Durham
- Tulsa, Oklahoma (although that might wait until spring break next year when I can turn it into a stop on my way to South Padre Island, Texas, and New Orleans)
- The entire length of US Rte 6 because Route 6 runs uncertainly from nowhere to nowhere, scarcely to be followed from one end to the other, except by some devoted eccentric,” and I am that devoted eccentric
- Back to Pondicherry, India, for winter break
My son and I have decided we’re going to visit every US state and Canadian province and territory by the time he graduates high school in ten years: 27 states left for him, 15 for me, and 11 provinces/territories.
Are you a traveler? What’s on your list of places to visit this summer?