As I’ve mentioned, I’m doing the May StoryADay Challenge. Well, at least in theory.
Because, to be honest, I’m not doing so hot.
- Day 1: Wrote a 500 word flash story for a Flash 500 minicontest. Yay me!
- Day 2: Wrote a 1500 word short story about a demon in Indiana. Double yay me!
- Day 3: Was at a loss for what to write, but fortunately Cleverbot came to the rescue. Wrote about 500 words of that story, and outlined the rest of it. Creatively it’s titled “A Succubus and the Man Who Loves Her.” Kinda yay me.
- Day 4: I had every intention of writing, but putting out fires at school left me pretty drained (So, funny story. I was driving to school and saw two kids walking down the middle of one of the main roads in town. “Please don’t be my students, please don’t be my students….Crap.” Later I found one of them and asked her, “Why were you walking down the middle of the street?” Her response: “My friend wanted to see if anyone would actually hit us.” Sigh.), and then I had to finish the monkey finger puppets I was making my little cousin for her birthday on Saturday. No writing, no yay me.
- Day 5: Rush to finish the monkeys, then my kid’s swim lessons, then birthday party #1 for my cousin, then birthday party #2 for my grandma, then get the kid to bed and pass out on the couch. Oops.
- Day 6: Had every intention of finishing a short I’ve been working on, “Bradley and the Midget,” but I started reading JD Field’s Rock Anthem and finished that instead.
- Day 7: Writing a story about those monkey puppets. Kinda. I’m still working on it as I’m posting this blog, so I’m not sure how much I’ll end up with.
So at the end of week 1, I have a completed flash story, a completed short story, an outlined story, and a chunk of something else. It’s actually better than I thought it would be.
But hey, it’s a new week. I can still pull this off. Probably.
If you’re doing the StoryADay challenge, how’s it going?